Friday, May 1, 2009

In Memory

This blog is in memory of my mom, who was called Crissy by her close friends and loved ones. Birding was one of her main passions. I was so fortunate to learn many types of birds as a result of her many, many, MANY backyard bird counts, bird hikes and from listening to her bird tapes. Roger Tory Peterson was a household name, Bird Watcher's Digest was always somewhere to be found as was Living Bird. Binoculars were at every window it seemed. I don't know nearly as many birds as she did, but I know a good amount. I am a bit rusty, but once I re-learn one, I tend to remember. I hope you enjoy my journey to document the birds that I come across and hopefully I will someday catch a photo of a Pileated Woodpecker and capture a shot of a Red-tailed Hawk closeup. For you Mommy, I love you and miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment